- 60mL KetoCal 4:1 Powder Vanilla, reconstituted*
- 40g thickened cream (35% fat)
- 35g egg yolk, beaten
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- Liquid sweetener to taste
- 15g fresh raspberries
- 1.5g Natvia® sweetener
* When reconstituting KetoCal 4:1 powder, use 8.5g plus 52mL water to give a final volume of 60mL. If you would prefer to use KetoCal 4:1 Liquid in this recipe, please consult your specialist Dietitian for guidance on how to adapt the recipe.
Important note: This recipe is for patients following a Modified Atkins ketogenic Diet (MAD). The ketogenic diet must be used under strict medical supervision. Please refer to your Dietitian before making any adaptations to the recipes.
- Mix together KetoCal, cream, liquid sweetener and vanilla essence in a bowl
- Place bowl over a pan of hot water and heat mixture until hot
- Pour hot mixture over egg yolk, beating all the time
- Pour mixture into saucepan and heat, without boiling, stirring continuously until mixture thickens and it coats the back of a spoon
- Add raspberries to a flameproof dish, pour mixture over the top and chill in the fridge for 2 hours
- Remove from fridge, sprinkle the Natvia® on top and cook under a hot grill until golden brown
You need to cook in a water bath to allow the custard to cook evenly. Otherwise, the custard can separate into curdled egg and liquid.
Approx. Per Serving