- 90g KetoCal 4:1 Powder Unflavoured
- 80g almond meal
- 25g psyllium husk
- 44g unsalted butter
- 5g apple cider vinegar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 20g thickened cream (35% fat)
- 5g baking powder
- 100g water
Important note: This recipe is for patients following a Modified Atkins ketogenic Diet (MAD). The ketogenic diet must be used under strict medical supervision. Please refer to your Dietitian before making any adaptations to the recipes.
- Preheat oven to 165°C/gas mark 3
- Combine 72g of almond meal, KetoCal, psyllium husk and baking powder in a bowl
- Whisk melted butter, eggs, cream, water and apple cider vinegar
- Using a spatula, gently mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients to form a batter
- Grease a medium loaf tin and dust with remaining almond meal (8g), then pour batter into the tin
- Bake until a skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean (approx. 30 mins)
- Let bread cool on a wire rack, cut into 10 equal slices and serve
Avoid over mixing the batter to prevent the bread from getting oily and dense.
We recommend slicing the loaf once cool, and place greaseproof paper between each slice to avoid them sticking when frozen. Then simply thaw or toast anytime!
You can toast the Keto bread in a sandwich press, under the grill or in a frying pan. Bread can be frozen.
We recommend selecting a brand of almond meal with no more than 6.4g carbohydrate per 100g when making this recipe.
Approx. Per Serving