- 100mL KetoCal 4:1 Powder Vanilla, reconstituted*
- 5g rice bran oil
- 5g double thick cream (48% fat)
- 2g custard powder
- 30g hot water
- Liquid sweetener
* When reconstituting KetoCal 4:1 powder, use 14.2g plus 86mL water to give a final volume of 100mL. If you would prefer to use KetoCal 4:1 Liquid in this recipe, please consult your Dietitian for guidance on how to adapt the recipe.
Important note: This recipe is for patients following a Classical 4:1 ketogenic Diet. The ketogenic diet must be used under strict medical supervision. Please refer to your Dietitian before making any adaptations to the recipes.
- Place KetoCal, oil and cream in a pan, heat but do not boil
- Mix custard powder with hot water
- Add custard to mixture and stir until it starts to thicken slightly, then custard is ready
- Add a big squirt of sweetener to taste
Use a whisk or fork to remove any lumps when you mix the custard powder into the mixture.
This recipe produces a thin pouring custard. If you would prefer a thick custard, you can try the Créme Brulee recipe, just don’t set in the fridge.
Approx. Per Serving