KetoCal 3:1 is a nutritionally complete, ketogenic formula in a 3:1 ratio (fat:carbohydrate + protein) for the dietary management of intractable epilepsy and other medical conditions where the ketogenic diet is indicated; designed for infants and children.
A food for special medical purposes; must be used under medical supervision.
KetoCal 3:1 can be used to provide complete nutrition from birth to 6 years, or as a supplement for children over 6 years of age to administer the 3:1 ketogenic diet for the dietary management of:
- Intractable epilepsy
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency (PDH)
- Glucose transporter type-1 deficiency (GLUT-1)
- Other medical conditions where a ketogenic diet is indicated
- 300g tin
- Nutritionally complete
- 3:1 ratio, which supports earlier initiation of the diet
- No artificial sweeteners
- Convenient one step preparation with a non-modular approach
- Supplemented with DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) and AA (Arachidonic Acid)
- Nutrient dense for children with low energy requirements
- Appropriate for enteral or oral feedings
Directions for Use
- ALWAYS ENSURE YOU FOLLOW THE PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS ON THE CAN CAREFULLY. THE HEALTH OF YOUR INFANT DEPENDS ON CAREFULLY FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS FOR PREPARATION AND USE. INCORRECT PREPARATION CAN MAKE YOUR BABY ILL.
- The quantity of feed should be determined by a clinician or dietitian only and is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the patient
- The recommended feed concentration is 9.5% w/v i.e. 9.5g of KetoCal 3:1 added to 90ml of water, made up to a final volume of 100ml.
- A lower concentration may initially be required until recommended concentration is tolerated
- Keep prepared KetoCal in the refrigerator and use within 24 hours
- KetoCal 3:1 must be made up with hot water to fully dissolve (45-50°C)
- Patients should be monitored closely for hypoglycaemia, renal stones, adequate growth and hyperlipidemia
- Professional advice should be followed before using an infant formula
- Infant formula is not sterile. Formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding
- Not for parenteral use
- Suitable as a sole source of nutrition for infants and children from birth to 6 years or as a supplementary feed for children aged over 6 years
For the complete nutrition information, download the KetoCal 3:1 Powder fact sheet.