At Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition we respect your privacy and are committed to managing and protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Personal information is information that identifies you or could reasonably identified you, such as your name, age, gender, date of birth, contact details and records of your dealings with Nutricia. Personal information also includes:
- sensitive information, including, amongst other things, details about your health and medical information (such as your medical history), and
- credit-related information (such as your credit history, trade references, credit reports, any credit rating or credit assessment derived from a credit report).
Our purposes for handling personal information
Nutricia collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you, or a patient of yours, with our products and services;
- to interact with you and carry out transactions with you (including processing and delivering orders, and through the Nutricia Customer Care Line and Nutricia Clinical Care Line);
- to decide whether or not to accept you as a personal guarantor of a business to which we may supply our products on credit, or to exercise that guarantee if there has been a credit default;
- to collect payments and debts;
- to conduct marketing, research and promotional activities;
- for internal business, accounting, IT, record keeping and administration purposes;
- to send you information about our products or services;
- any purposes permitted by law;
- any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented;
- any purpose you would otherwise reasonably expect; or
- to otherwise manage our business.
Collecting personal information
We will collect your personal information through our interactions with you and third parties, for example:
- when you register for programs to receive our products and support services through the recommendation of your healthcare professional, health facility or otherwise;
- when we communicate with you by telephone, mail, email, such as when we communicate through the Nutricia Customer Care Line, the Nutricia Clinical Care Line or the Nutricia At Home Service;
- when you provide your personal information when using the Nutricia website, any of the Nutricia smart phone apps and social media platforms, such as the Facebook pages owned by Nutricia; and
- when you participate in our marketing campaigns and activities, such as surveys, promotions or competitions.
Using and sharing personal information
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our products or services that we think may be of interest to you, include via email, SMS or post. If you no longer wish to receive this information, please contact us on 1800 060 051, or click the ‘opt out’ link at the bottom of any promotional email that you receive.
We never sell your personal information to another person. However, we may share your personal information with third parties to assist in providing you with our products or services. Third parties may include:
- your healthcare professional, health facility, carer, parent or legal guardian;
- credit reporting bodies and your prospective credit providers or financiers;
- our service providers, including for warehousing and distribution services, IT services, insurance, finance, etc;
- our related companies and other business partners;
- our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities;
- business sponsors and alliance partners;
- any other person as permitted by law.
As a company with international links, Nutricia may disclose your personal information outside Australia to parts of our company group in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and New Zealand. We seek to ensure that any overseas entity to which we disclose personal information complies with relevant requirements under the Privacy Act.
Certain promotional or marketing campaign activities that occur in www.myketocal.com.au may be sponsored by another company, trade partner or business alliance. All or part of registration information collected from such activities may be presented to the sponsored company, in which case the members will be notified before any disclosure.
In this event, the registered person reserves the right not to participate in these activities. Please note: In case you visit other websites that have links to the Nutricia website they also may collect your personal information. In those cases, any such collected information is not part of the company’s private policy.
Cookies are a small data file that will be collected in your web browser in order to track visiting information. So when you visit our website in the future, the server may immediately recognise that you had been to the website before.
Cookies will not collect personal information such as names or e-mail addresses. Nevertheless, if you do not wish to have cookies in your computer, you may configure your web browser to reject cookies.
Benefits of cookies:
- To collect visitor information and information of individual members, and to customise products, goods and services best suited to individual needs. These cookies will start collecting information after a member logs in and enters a password, and will stop collecting information when the member exits the website or logs out.
- To evaluate the number of visitors. Different browsers will have different uses for cookies that can distinguish visitors as registered during promotional periods or not registered. This information is useful for presenting advertisements that best suit a target audience, evaluating user interests, and the user’s internet usage pattern.
- To check usage frequency or visiting pattern. These tracking cookies help us to understand the user’s character and habits. Moreover, it will help us improve our services, contents, advertising patterns, as well as promotional activities offered on the website to best suit individual needs.
Sensitive and children’s information
We will only collect sensitive or health information from you or about you with your consent and use such information in accordance with relevant privacy laws. By supplying sensitive or health information you will be taken to have given your consent to our collection of that information.
We have no intention of collecting any personal information directly from individuals under thirteen years of age, although parents or guardians may voluntarily provide us with information relating to their children. When we obtain information about any individual from a third party we will comply with the relevant privacy legislation at all times. A parent or guardian may contact us at any time if they would like to amend, update or remove information relating to their child.
Nutricia holds personal information in both paper-based and electronic records. Electronic information is stored on secure servers owned by Nutricia and through third party service providers. We seek to ensure that personal information we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss caused by unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Nutricia’s employees and agents are obliged to treat any personal information confidentially. Additionally, we only retain personal information for so long as it is reasonably needed for the functions and activities of our business, or as long as we are required by law to hold it. Thereafter, steps are taken to ensure destruction or deidentification of that information.
The company does not have a policy to sell or lease personal information to outsiders, unless this occurs beyond the company’s control, in which circumstance the company will inform you of the disclosure to another party prior to the disclosure, and in which case you have the right to refuse the request if you do not wish to disclose personal information. You can choose not to use those services or to participate in any promotional or marketing activities.
Be careful when disclosing personal information while you are online such as when you are using chat room and e-mail. This information may be collected and used by another party. Therefore, you must keep your personal information and password secret.
Contacting us and accessing and correcting personal information
You may contact Nutricia to request access to the personal information that we hold about you or if you have any questions or complaints by contacting our Privacy Officer via:
- Email: email@example.com with “Privacy” in the subject line of the email, or
- Mail: Attention: Privacy Officer, PO Box 1007, North Ryde BC, NSW 1670, AUSTRALIA.
On the rare occasions when Nutricia refuses access, we will provide you a written notice stating our reasons for the refusal. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information we hold about you.
If the personal information we hold about you is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete, you may request the correction of the information by:
- for corrections to your customer account: contacting our Nutricia Customer Care Line on 1800 889 480;
- for corrections to your online accounts: by changing the relevant personal information at any time by logging into your personal account; or
- for general corrections: contacting us on the details provided above.
Nutricia is not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and we may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing.